Member Menu

Archive | Community

Westbury — Neighborhood Of The Year

Westbury Civic Club President (and WCG co-founder), Becky Edmondson, presented the story of Westbury Community Garden and won Neighborhood of the Year at the Neighborhoods USA! conference held at the Hyatt Regency Houston downtown last week. The national conference had four finalists in each of three categories 1) Physical Revitalization / Beautification in a Single Neighborhood, […]

Continue Reading

Happy Thanksgiving!

On this perfect-weather Thanksgiving Day, while I rest up before the marauding hordes arrive, I am reflecting on how very grateful I am for all the wonderful things that have happened at the Garden this year and the dedicated people who made them all possible. Thanks to community leaders and their supporters, who worked tirelessly […]

Continue Reading

Over 100 Attend First Annual Fall Festival

We had a great turnout (over 100 people) in spite of the weather…and scrumptious food that everyone raved about!  (Beware:  Becky wants to open a restaurant in Westbury and she thinks she has found her chefs….)  The fact that the mayor and her entourage stayed for over an hour to eat, tour, and talk after […]

Continue Reading

An Open Letter From Bert and Diana Gonzalez

Dear WCG members, We are so glad we decided to join this growing (literally and figuratively) organization!  We have found so many helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and generous Westbury residents through the 2 1/2 years we’ve been members.  What a great discovery for us.  It really does give both Bert and me a better sense of […]

Continue Reading